Wednesday, February 27, 2008

50 reasons you'll never hear back from me on an online dating site -- unless you're a total babe!



1. "Here are 47 pictures of me, all collected from many unsuccessful years of online dating."

2. "Here's me in artsy, pretentious, black and white poses. What I lack in natural beauty, I make for in attitude. And I will not look like this in person."

3. "Here's me completely naked hunched behind a guitar [true story!]. And yes, I was sexually abused. But don't you dare send me sexually suggestive comments. I'm being artistic!"

4. "Here's me looking my best when the first Clinton was in White House. Notice how it doesn't match my other pictures? God, I wish I still looked that way..."

5. "I'm not into players or games. At least not anymore. So here's me in bars hugging lots of gnarly guys who look like players."

6. "Here's me in sunglasses from 30 feet away so I may vaguely resemble a model."

7. "Here's me with my dog. He's the only male I've had an emotional attachment in 40 years. (That's 280 in dog years!)"

8. "Here's me with my cat. It's the only pussy that's been touched in my house in years!"

9. "Here's me at my friend's or sister's wedding. Guess which one I am! (Hint: The dumpy old maid.)"

10. "Here's me in exotic places that you couldn't afford to visit at my age because you foolishly had kids."

11. "Here's me with a butch-looking woman doing outdoor stuff. But I'm straight. I think."

12. "Here's me drunkenly hugging my friends on chick trips where none of us met any guys because we were too annoying."

13. "Here's me wearing a hometown sports team jersey to show that I'm really one of the guys -- even if you don't want me to be!"

14. "Here's me on my motorcycle! I'm one of the guys or maybe just a cycle slut. You pick!"

15. "Here's me at a table littered with a dozen empty margarita glasses. I'm wasted...again! Tee-hee!"

16. "Here's me with my arms around some guy I had a fling with that night! Why doesn't he ever call?"

17. "Here's me with my arms around my girl posse. We share everything! Including all of your secrets!"

18. "I strongly identify with a religious denomination, but I don't really practice. You don't have to practice either, but my family won't like you if you're not one of us. Sorry!"

19. "I have no kids and run marathons. I have no idea what it's like to be a single parent. And God, you've really let yourself go..."

20. "I have high salary requirements for you but I won't list my own -- I have a lot of credit card debt! Tee-hee!"

21. "I have 'some other viewpoint' when it comes to politics. I don't know or care about that silly stuff!"

22. "I'm a vegetarian or vegan. I'm a self-righteous pain in the ass."

23. "My handle includes references to where I live, who I root for, or the country that my great-great grandparents came from. In other words, I really got nothin'."

24. "My pastime is basically watching TV, so here's a list of my favorite shows. We can make out during commercials."

25. "My kids are the most important thing in my life! My singular devotion to raising these spoiled brats is what drove away my first husband!"

26. "I don't have a photo because I'm too private, am being pursued by the authorities, or am too nasty looking. You'll have to find out!"

27. "I'm finally writing to tell you that I've been too busy responding messages from more desirable guys, but good luck with your search... loser!"

28. "I make enough money to support a family of eight, but I expect you to make the same because I'm sure you'd be threatened by anything else and a salary figure is how I measure another human being's worth."

29. "A sense of humor is a must and to prove it, I will provide a bland, completely humorless profile."'

30. "I value honesty. I've made a lot of poor choices with men. BTW, I probably won't trust you."

31. "I'm hot Russian woman who wants very much to come to US and A to give you blow job. Just kidding! I'm actually the brother of the bitch and I'm trying to scam you! Ha-ha, stupid Yankee pig!"

32. "I don't really cook. I'm proud to lack a basic life skill. But I'll think less of you if you can't fix stuff on my ramshackle house!"

33. "I want to go to France and/or Italy because I've heard it's romantic! The furthest east I've been is Waukesha."

34. "I'm a good Christian girl. Here's a cleavage shot just to prove it. I think there's a crucifix in there somewhere! PTL!"

35. "I love to snuggle on the couch and watch a movie! Who would have ever thought of that!"

36. "I love coffee. I'm original!"

37. "Last read: People Magazine"

38. "My guy has to look great in jeans and a T-shirt, but also 'clean up' well for weddings, court appearances, etc. In other words, most of my men have been slobs."

39. "I am 40+ and never married. Only serious need apply."

40. "I love to go to 'dive bars.' This is what I call places outside of my sterile suburb that have people of economic backgrounds lower than mine where I can slum with losers like you."

41. "I'm still listening to music from college."

42. "I'm low maintenance. Not really, but I just think that'll get me more dates."

43. "I love a glass of wine. I'm original!"

44. "I don't drink. I usually only date guys I meet at AA, but that's been a disaster."

45. "I'm seven years older than you. Why don't you dress up like a pizza boy and come over!"

46. "I live three counties away. I've burned through all the guys in my area!"

47. "I love my job. I'm a...LAWYER!" (True story!)

48. "Here's a random, rambling, poorly-punctuated treatise about my feelings and thoughts on dating, men and life. No, the meds are not working..."

49. "I have very high standards -- higher than you could ever meet. Hell, I don't even know why I'm resorting to online dating, but I've burned all my bridges because everyone thinks I'm a bitch, which I am."

50. "Turn off: Sarcasm"

1 comment:

LuciousLips said...

Thanks for the blog entry...I laughed so hard I peed a little.